Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Who is "The Harried Homemaker"?

Who am I?

My name is Emily. I live in the Midwest with Hubby Dear and four children ranging in age from early elementary school to infant. I have earned the title "harried" the hard way. I not only take care of the business of our home, but I also homeschool our children, one of whom has special needs.

I started this blog because I recently started "prepping" and want to blog about it. (Duh!) ;)

I already have another blog where I discuss the events going on in my crazy family, but I decided to start this anonymous one just about prepping. Why is that, you might ask? Well, one good reason is that many more experienced preppers say it is best not to advertise the fact that you prepare to the public at large. I think that is wise advice. If there is ever a situation where SHTF (more about that later), the low-life scum who know you have a large amount of survival goods might decide to come and forcibly take it away from you. If you don't think that will happen in a SHTF scenario, where have you been recently?

The other reason I have chosen to remain anonymous on this blog is because when it comes to matters of survival, I am completely helpless. Those near and dear to me are very aware of that and would be in complete disbelief that I have decided to get into prepping. Quite honestly, I don't care to hear their opinions on the subject.

I am more known for my academic bent rather than my physical prowess. My midsection closely resembles a marshmallow. I've given birth to four children, don'tcha know! I freak out at the thought of having a mouse, much less a deadly weapon like a shotgun, in my house. I also think air conditioning and Diet Coke are necessities of life. But I'm determined to change my wimpiness and this blog will chronicle the journey.

Exactly what is "Prepping" and why am I doing it?

That is the subject for my next entry.

3 comments: