Thursday, June 2, 2011

Quick Tip: Add some freebies to your Bug Out Bag

Some of the freebies in my BOB: shampoo and conditioner, lip balm, deodorant, and lotion
In the first incarnation of my bug-out bag, 72 hour kit, or whatever you want to call it, I didn't include any toiletries. I figured that if I was hunkering down in the woods somewhere, I probably wouldn't care if my armpits were springtime fresh.

That may well be true, but springtime freshness never hurts, especially when you can do it for free. Lots of companies offer free samples of their products in convenient travel sizes - perfect for your BOB!  The Krazy Coupon Lady and Money Saving Mom are two sites that frequently post offers for free products. As a bonus, the freebies often come along with high-value coupons to aid your stockpiling efforts.

In a SHTF situation where we have to break out the BOBs, I can now comfort myself with the fact that my lips won't be chapped! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment