Tuesday, March 15, 2011

And they thought I was being paranoid...



(If you're reading this in a feed reader, you might need to click on my actual blog post for the video to appear.)

When I bought my family a supply of Iosat potassium iodide tablets, people thought I was overreacting. Now I'm ahead of the curve!

I'm not terribly concerned about radiation from Japan since I am east of the Rockies. I am glad that we are already prepared in this area, though. If you don't have a stock of potassium iodide or potassium iodate, don't freak out. Take this as your cue to get some for the future.

6 comments:

  1. So very, very scary!

    I'd love to know your resource for these tablets (unless I missed it in your previous post).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney - I got them from Emergency Essentials. Surprise, surprise! ;) http://beprepared.com/product.asp?pn=MF%20T101

    Looks like they are backordered for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what the impact has been in Hawaii??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better a year early than a day late! When I spent that $30 I wondered if *I* was being too out there. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHO has these in stock? what is the going rate for them? Reputable company, please

    ReplyDelete
  6. WiJoyMom - I don't know who has them now. I bought ours in July from Emergency Essentials. Now, of course, they are out of stock. Maybe someone will chime in with a source. If I didn't have any KI and I was on the west coast, I would let the hubbub die down and just get some iodine. You can find instructions about painting iodine on your stomach in a raditation emergency. In a month or two, I bet KI will be back in stock again. Any of the big preparedness companies stocks it.

    ReplyDelete