- I upgraded my EDC. BTW, thanks for all the great comments and ideas. The stuff some of you all carry around is quite impressive.
- Our Food Storage Blitz Month was quite successful. It's such a nice feeling to know that we wouldn't have to go hungry during an emergency or job loss.
- We did a ton of work in the yard. Literally, we moved a ton of materials into our garden, a few bags at a time. First, Hubby Dear finished filling all 19 of our garden boxes with Mel's Mix. This was a major undertaking, especially since we had to drive 50 miles each way to get the materials and could only fit a certain amount in the ol' mini-van. I think we exceeding the load limit a few times.
The boxes - filled with Mel's Mix and grids in place
We're also nearly done putting down pea gravel to cover the pathways between the boxes.
|The grids are optional, but handy. The larger areas are where we're planting|
pumpkins. Radishes, lettuce, and peas are in the smaller boxes.
We planted radishes, peas (sugar snap and shelling), lettuce (both a romaine and leaf lettuce mix), cabbage, strawberries, and onions.
|The Thinker's radish seedlings.|
- I want to add more cash to our BOBs/at home emergency stash.
- We're going to craft our own water filter using food safe buckets and ceramic filter elements.
- Using some of the suggestions from my Ask the Readers post, I'm going to stock-up on some more can openers.
- I'm going to buy some garden seeds for long term storage.
- We're going to continue building our food and oh-so-important toilet paper supplies.
- We'll be very busy in the garden. Hopefully we'll have some lettuce to harvest.
- I have some preps of a unique nature that I'll discuss with y'all in an upcoming post. I've got to pick your brain again!