|My Shelf Reliance unit has filled up a lot since this photo was taken|
- Several boxes of cereal
- Lots of canned soup
- Canned mushrooms. This is not something we usually buy, but there was such a good deal on them I couldn't resist.
-A few bags of 15 bean soup mix
So, at the end of our Food Storage Blitz Month, where are we?
- Our Three Month Supply is much closer to being complete. I still need to fill in some items, but we made a huge jump forward this month.
- In terms of long term storage, we have:
- 148 lb of legumes, not counting the canned beans (approx. 50 cans) I have stored.
- About a 6 month supply of miscellaneous fats.
- 150 lb of sugars.
- 84 lb dry milk, 20 cans of evaporated milk and 10 lb dry eggs
All told, when you combine our three month supply with our long term items, we have 245.79 days of food storage for our family of six, according to the Food Storage Analyzer. Not too shabby!
Our goal is to have a full year's supply of food storage, so we still have a ways to go. The Food Storage Analyzer revealed that our storage is low in Vitamins A &C, so I need to remedy that, as well. Dried fruits and vegetables, legumes, and oils are my priority for the next few months.
There you have it! I hope you have been able to add to your food storage over the past month. What have you added to your storage lately?